Practicum 1

During my first practicum, I was teaching in a Chemistry 11 class. I monitored a Chemistry 11 and 12 class as well. I taught two lessons, the first lesson was on conductors and non-conductors, and writing dissociation equations. The second lesson was on calculating concentrations and conducting dilution calculations. I also had the chance to monitor laboratories in the class.

Practicum 2

In this practicum, I taught within a Science 9 and 10 class. During the Science 9 class, I taught two topics, physics and chemistry. I taught the students about Ohm’s Law and how to manipulate said formula. The students used a PHET simulation to understand the workings of Ohm’s law. The second lesson I taught was about changes of state and endothermic and exothermic reactions. I was able to include multiple demonstrations throughout my lesson to ensure the students understood these complicated topics.

In the Science 10 class, I taught two lessons on chemistry. The first lesson was about introducing the class to laboratory safety. I demonstrated to the students on how to properly use a Bunsen burner, they then participated in a laboratory that used a Bunsen burner. The second lesson was the following day, based on naming and balancing chemical equations.